North Meols, Southport
A parish and its people before 1820
By Peter F. Lynch
A comprehensive illustrated account and analysis of the parish of St. Cuthbert's and its people.
This parish originally stretched from Hundred End in the north to the Birkdale/Ainsdale boundary in the south.
The book is divided into three parts. The first deals with the history of the parish up to the Reformation, its clergy and links with a number of monasteries. The second examines the clergy and the church from then up to 1820, when the parish of Christ Church, Southport was being founded. The third comprises a detailed analysis of evidence of the people from the church registers, their occupations, illnesses, customs and everyday life.
There are four appendices giving further information on the church and its officials, and three important indexes of family names, places and general subjects, valuable tools for researchers and family historians.
Hardback, with illustrated dustjacket
328 pages with 59 illustrations and 58 tables.
*Strictly limited edition of 250 numbered copies.
The book is available from local booksellers, or by post from:
The Secretary, BAHRS
102 Dunbar Road
Post and packing:
For oversees rates please contact the Secretary
Return to the B&AHRS Home Page